Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dragonfly Daydream ~ WaterMEDIA Wednesday!

It's the dead of winter and I'm daydreaming about summer days and dragonflies.

I know that it is Watercolour Wednesday, but today I've painted in a mix of Watermedia. What is watermedia you ask? Well in art circles it is basically any media that is soluble in water. So it includes watercolour paint, acrylic paint, inks, dyes, etc. This tiny painting was  started with watercolours and ink and finished with a washy mix of acrylic paint. You can't see it here, but the wings were covered in a pearly iridescent paint.

2.5 X 3.5"




2 comments:

  1. Love the colors on this Patty. I'm all for the wateMEDIA Wednesday change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy! While I love watercolours, sometimes I just can't get the effects I'm looking for without adding something else!

      Delete