Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wetlands - WIP 6

Finally I have finished the heron! I've also done the red-winged blackbird and have started on the cattails. The turtle and frog will be difficult, I think, because of the tiny details. This can be very frustrating, as I learned with the blackbird's eye. I had the tiny circle all cut out to the right size, only to have it fall off the tip of my finger and disappear! This only happened three times before I got it to stick! Anyway, I am going to try and work like a fiend today and get it done. (or at least very close!). I want to get it submitted to the contest, plus I need to get started on a Christmas watercolour commission.

5 comments:

  1. Love,love, this one Patty!! It's so life like and the details are great. Good job!!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fran! Still working away on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful already, Patty. What do you use for your collage material? Do you paint the pieces yourself, use decorative papers, combination...what? May I ask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks incredible!! I can't wait for the finish :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billie, the answer is yes to all the above! In this piece I've used hand painted papers, paper from old books, magazines, wrapping paper, and even a small piece of a dryer sheet!

    Michelle, thanks for the continuing support!

    ReplyDelete