Tuesday, June 30, 2009


It's been a cool and rainy day today, so I finally finished this painting! I think I like it...but am trying to decided whether to crop off some of the top and left hand side.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wednesday's effort

Worked some more on this yesterday, and I hope to finish it today. Will take Lauren's suggestion and leave most of the bottom right white. I had already painted some of it, but won't do much more.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And today...Robin's Nest WIP

Today, I tried to work more on the nest and a bit on the background and bird. On the nest I did some more negative painting and a bit of positive using some white watercolour, sometimes mixed with other colours. Lots of work yet to do!

Robin's Nest WIP continued

Yesterday I removed the masking fluid from the nest...yikes! Truly in the ugly phase now!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

She Has Hungry Mouths to Feed

I've started on a watercolour of the Robin family we had nesting at the back of our house. I've been taking some pictures along the way, so I thought I'd share them here. I forgot to take some when I first started though!

I had originally thought I'd do the nest with negative painting, but I decided I'm too lazy and got out the masking fluid! You can see it in the last picture.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

More from the Garden Journal

A few more from the journal. I'm really enjoying sketching the flowers from my garden! So far I've done only the perennials, but as summer comes along I'm sure I'll be painting the annuals as well.

Garden Journal Entries

I've been delinquent in posting on my blog! I've got several more entries in my garden journal. Keep in mind these are just sketches, I usually limit myself to 10 minutes or less per flower.